Approving EPAFs in Banner Quick Training
Keep This in Mind
How to do it:
Managers log into Banner
- Enter NOAAPSM in the "Go To" box.
- Banner will log in to your personalized screen.
- User ID should populate (FirstName_LastName).
- If you are acting for yourself, leave the "Submitted From" and "Submitted To" dates, "Transaction" and "Queue" status, and "Proxy For" boxes in their default status.
- If proxy: enter user ID of the person for whom you are a proxy in "Proxy For" box. ex: John_Doe
- On Toolbar, click NEXT BLOCK.
- Reenter USER PASSWORD, and click verify.
- Transactions requiring approval will populate.
- Highlight the transaction you would like to review.
- Go to "PAF Detail Information" under options for more details. Review action requested.
- Click on the "Other Information and Comments" tab and review the information present.
- Return to the "Transaction Information" tab.
- In the Approvers Action Drop-down Menu:
CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Choose Approve icon to approve.
- Click SAVE. You are done, unless there are more documents to approve
- Choose Disapprove to disapprove.
- Caution: If you choose disapprove no one may make corrections to the document.
- Click SAVE
- Choose Return/Corrections to send the EPAF back to the originator to make corrections.
- Type an explanatory message in the "Comment" box in the "Other Information and Comments" tab regarding what needs correcting.
- No email is sent to the originators, therefore, you must personally notify the originator that corrections need to be made.
- Click SAVE.