Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
For the full Just-In-Time Training click here: FLSA-Quick Training
- All nonexempt employees must keep a time card. Employees and supervisors must sign/approve timecards for each pay period.
- Nonexempt employees who work over 40 hrs/week must receive overtime, usually in the pay period it is earned.
- Exempt employees do not earn overtime.
- Managers are responsible for ensuring that employees are paid according to legal standards.
- Timecards must be true and accurate to meet legal standards.
- Do not sign a time card you believe is inaccurate.